Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Whispering His Name

"...Whisper My Name in loving trust. This simple prayer can restore your awareness of My Presence." (203)
I have had many incidents where whispering Jesus' Name made a huge difference in the situation... and in me! The name, "Jesus" means God Saves!!! I am so grateful that I can bring God's power and presence into any situation, thought or encounter...just by mentioning Jesus' Name.
After coming out of surgery, or some other distressing time, many patients will respond best, if their own name is mentioned.
To hear ones' own name speaks powerfully and impacts deeply. Jesus responds to His own Name!
Responding to Jesus' Name...dmc

2 comments:

  1. Wendell had an emergency appendectomy last night and I wasn't even there. I took our son's (I sometimes fondly call him "Dr. Dallas" because he really is a doctor) advice to "stay home and pray and get some rest before going in the morning". I know Jesus is with him in the hospital and Jesus is with me here. It is amazing how God has provided help and support in so many ways through both our earthly and spiritual families. I couldn't have planned it better. Years ago George Beverly Shea recorded an album including two songs that have been a blessing as I have waited and prayed. "Tenderly He Watches Over Me" is a comforting song that expresses His care "every step every mile of the way. "My God and I" describes a very personal relationship as we "walk through the fields together. We walk and talk as good friends should and do. We clap our hands, our voices ring with laughter." God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amelia for sharing with us! We got a phone call last night and our small group prayed for Wendell immediately, as he was headed into surgery. We are continuing to pray for his full recovery...in JESUS NAME!!

    ReplyDelete