Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, July 5, 2010

On a Glorious Adventure

"Draw near to Me with a thankful heart... Gratitude enables you to perceive Me more clearly and to rejoice in our love-relationship...I am totally trustworthy. I long to make your life a glorious adventure... I am always doing something new within My loved ones. Be on the lookout for all that I have prepared for you." (196)
My personality tends to love adventure, but it has to be a safe adventure. I'm not into risky adventures. So a "glorious adventure" sounds good, as long as it's not too risky (or too dirty, too sweaty or too scary! How sad is that!?)
The risk, of course, is that I "must stop clinging to old ways" and be "on the lookout for... something new...(He's) prepared for (me.)"
During our time in Hawaii I am completing the course work and testing for a second certification in Life Coaching. Several years ago I sensed God directing me into this "new adventure" and as I have been stepping out in faith and obedience it has become a "glorious adventure!" I am being 'coached' and challenged to "know (Him) in greater depth and breadth" and to know myself on a whole new level, too.
It will be a joy to partner with others as they take the "glorious adventure" God has in store for them, too.
Drawing Near with Gratitude...dmc

4 comments:

  1. Dawn, you said it much better than I. The thoughts you quoted were exactly the ones I underlined in the book! I wonder, "is there a glorious new adventure" at my age? There certainly are changes and I'm on the lookout for what He has prepared for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I believe there are new adventures all along this earthly journey. Sometimes the journey involves a path God takes us down that runs alongside another's path. Touching other's for His glory....which is something you have done forever! You are far more of a blessing than you know! You have blessed me & so many others...continue the Good Work!

    ReplyDelete