Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, May 21, 2016

But as For Me

"But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation, My God will hear me." Micah 7:7
There are times when we have to make a decision based upon what we personally believe about God or what we have personally heard from God. What others may say... friend, companion, relatives, those who seem especially close... may really sound more like the words of an enemy (Micah 7:5-6) because they are more focused on the problem rather than His Presence. (148)
It's critically important for me to check out my focus...if it's more on the problem than on His Presence... I'm in trouble! If I take counsel from others who are more focused on the problem than His Presence... we're all in trouble!
"But as for me," I must "wait for God" no matter what others say. Great problem solvers have a way of seeing through the problem in the light of His Presence! It REALLY IS the FOCUS we gain in His Presence that makes all the difference!
Focused on His Presence...dmc

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Am in the midst of things right now and this reading was such a blessing to me! Aha! All I have to do right this minute is focus on HIm not solve the problem as all of those around me are clamoring for me to do immediately. He will get it all worked out and guide me accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so true, I find myself doing the same thing, both of my children are grown men I still find myself trying to fix everything that is wrong. That is that mother instinct kicked in. I two need to know his presence, and step back. Humm so hard to do.

    ReplyDelete