Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Shedding Blinders

"Do not blindly follow your habitual route, or you will miss what I have prepared for you." (145)
Today, I want to shed my blinders of the familiar and habitual patterns and tap deeper into God's perspective that is "higher" than my ways or thoughts about this day! (Isaiah 55:8-9)
So, what does God see that I have missed?  This could be a revelation day!
Staying Carefully Aware...dmc


Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You

To see You high and lifted up
Shinin' in the light of Your glory
Pour out Your power and love
As we sing holy, holy, holy  (Michael W. Smith)

5 comments:

  1. What a great way to begin the day, worshipping God! Thanks Dawn Marie for this blog and your words of wisdom! I am still learning to habitually find God's direction in ALL I do throughout my day. This song is a great prayer and uplifting way to do that.

    What a mighty God we serve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too...finding God's direction in ALL I do... that's my challenge, too! Amen, Melissa! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Isaiah passage (55:8-9) reminds me that I can't try to "fit" God into my life--instead I must strive to fit into His plans for my life. This requires me to continually trust Him and search for His ways throughout each day. Open the Eyes of my Heart Lord is one of my favorite songs . . . thanks for sharing it with us.

    Continuing my search ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this. God is good all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is an amazing father he does nothing more than direct and unconditionally love his children. I'm a new follower of God and it one of the greatest feeling I've ever had his presence and his word is addicting and I thank you for sharing his daily word! Amen to the all mighty lord Jesus

    ReplyDelete