Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, May 27, 2016

Put Him ON

"Seek My face at the beginning of your day...put Me on and wear Me throughout the day... To wear Me is essentially to have My mind; to think My thoughts." (154)
Have you ever noticed how what we wear impacts our mindset and our behavior? After a long day of work, coming home and putting on some casual clothes allows me to feel more relaxed and helps me shed some of the pressures of the day. However, getting up and dressing up for the day helps me feel energized and ready to tackle the demands of that day.
No wonder Jesus reminds us that... "Clothing your mind in Me is your best preparation for each day. This discipline brings Joy and Peace to you and those around you." (154)

Dressed & Ready in Him...dmc

PS - Happy Birthday to our oldest son, Michael Kaehl Colaw! Thanks for being a great example of a man who "puts on" Jesus every day!  You are a wonderful, caring son!  We love YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment