Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, May 6, 2016

Fixed Viewpoint

"Fix your eyes NOT on what is seen (your circumstances), but on what is unseen (My Presence)." (2 Cor. 4:18) Our devo today challenges us to "not search for security in the world you inhabit... instead...focus you attention on My Presence with you." (133)
This reminded me of how various perception puzzles can play tricks on our eyes, on our minds, making us see & believe something far different from what is really there! We think that our perception is the final authority on truth, however, our visual perception can be distorted and cannot always be trusted. Listening to two different individuals relaying the same incident illustrates how perception can be very different and maybe very distorted.
If I embrace my perception as the final word, I may miss God's Word on the matter. God's grander perception and purposes often lay outside my finite fixed viewpoint! How I perceive things has a direct correlation on how I react to things.
What does NOT make sense NOW, is often better discerned later!
Readjusting my limited perception...dmc

2 comments:

  1. This probably goes along with Colossians 3:2, you think? What are the scripture verses for the above reading for today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That passage works perfectly with the 2 Corinthians 4:18 verse! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete