Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Soaking Up the Son

"Let My Light soak into your mind and heart, until you are aglow with My very Being." (158)
This reminds me of how important light is to the plant world... green grass, spreading trees, colorful flowers, lush vegetable gardens... they all do remarkably better with sunlight. We are spiritually the same... we do remarkably better when we have Son-light! So, let's let the Son-shine in!
It also reminded me of a gospel song from years ago, The Hallelujah Side. (Listen for this descriptive phrase... "the windows of my soul.")
So, where (or who) do the windows of YOUR soul open up to?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAaI455daog&feature=related
With Windows Wide Open...dmc

2 comments:

  1. The part that stood out for me today was, "My Peace hovers over you, searching for a place to land." (158) Going to Joplin yesterday really opened our eyes to how the things of this earth can be gone in a blink of an eye. When our day was done we drove around looking at the devastation seeing that many literally have nothing, absolutely nothing left. There is comfort in knowing that if they know Jesus they do have something however! God's peace surpasses all the power any tornado can put upon us. We just need to give Him a place in our hearts to land!

    Great song Dawn Marie! I'm living on the "Hallelujah Side!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an impacting experience, Melissa! Thanks for sharing...from "the Hallelujah Side!"

    ReplyDelete