Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Re-Engineered Events

"You meant evil against me, but God meant it for good." Genesis 50:20
There is no question that God can trump the enemy. The issue is... I must ALLOW God to trump the enemy! I've discovered that my own thought life can sabotage whatever good God is engineering in my life. Even if the people, situations and perceptions that come against me may have some degree of ill-will or evil intent, God can take what is "meant for evil" and re-engineer "it for (my) good." Exactly HOW He does that is beyond me... but I choose to gratefully embrace His re-engineering process, even before I experience it, but certainly before I understand it.
At any point, in any day, we can be in a re-engineering process. Whenever we are required to make an adjustment, or to flex outside our comfortable, expected norm, re-engineering happens. These times teach us to trust Him - "really trust...with (our) whole being... growing in grace through the very adversity that was meant to harm" us. That's how we can "fear no evil, for (God) can bring good out of every situation (we) will ever encounter." (134)
When God actively re-engineers situations and events there's reason to rejoice!
Re-engineered & Rejoicing ...dmc

2 comments: