Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Drawing Near

This may be one of the most comforting Truths of scripture..."Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." James 4:8
I just love the  attentive responsiveness of God. Even, at times, when I may not fully sense His presence, I can intentionally acknowledge Him, turning my focus towards Him and away from distractions and especially away from the enemy's negative influence.  I've also discovered how counterproductive it is to try to "draw near to God" when my speech is dishonoring of God, others or even of myself!  Eph 4:29-32 explains why this happens. "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
I'm so grateful that "drawing near to God" empowers us to "resist the devil" and to experience the promise... "he will flee from you." (James 4:7)  So my goal today is to...
Resist the Devil by Drawing Near to God...dmc

3 comments:

  1. Both your Tuesday and Wednesday's posts were so good. Your words are so powerful - just what we needed right now. Wes and I both read and reread the scripture passages -- so grateful to have our Father to lean on during this time in our lives. LV U

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you sense how deeply you are loved and how God delights to flow through you to touch others for His Glory! Thanks for your faithfulness and love over the years! LV U 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, thank you for being at the bike blessing this afternoon. Your blogs are so inspirational, I needed to read this one today. Thank you. Deana Holland.

    ReplyDelete