Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Unsnagged!

"The very act of thanking Me releases your mind from its negative focus." (138)
I really believe that a negative focus, keeping our minds "snagged on a difficulty," is one of Satan's  tricky ways of immobilizing us.  It tends to paralyze our potential and keeps us from fulfilling God's purposes in our lives.
Here's the picture that comes to my mind.  Every little girl knows what it's like to comb through tangled hair and every mother knows what a challenge that process can be!  When I'm focused on a negative issue it's much like the painful process of untangling snarly hair.  Releasing each strand from the tangled web can make for near insanity!
I've discovered that my best antidote for worrisome, negative thoughts is to turn that same thought into a prayer of thanksgiving.  Like rinsing the tangle with a sanctified conditioner, grateful prayer allows my tangled thoughts to relax in knowing God will provide, protect and bless...even before I fully understand all the details, including what the outcome will be,  or should be. It certainly protects me from snarly insanity!!
Untangling the snag of worry...dmc

1 comment:

  1. Today you suffer pain and neglect but tomorrow is an another day so worry no more because every pain has an exchange. The exchange to it is happiness and unconditional love. Visit my site for more information. Have a good day and God bless your site.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete