Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Healthy Brain Secret

"Trust and Thankfulness will get you safely through this day. Trust protects you from worrying and obsessing. Thankfulness keeps you from criticizing and complaining, those sister sins that so easily entangle you." (54)
I REALLY appreciate today's devo! With the myriad of thoughts that can capture our minds, it is good to know that simply choosing "trust and thankfulness" can reconfigure the landscape of our brains. Brain imagining research supports that "thought patterns of trust (and gratitude can) become etched into our brains" overcoming the "sister sins that so easily entangle" (worry/obsession and criticism/complaining.)
To practice looking in His direction will change the direction of my thoughts, change the image in my brain and change my mind into the "mind of Christ." (Phil. 2:5)
Have you ever noticed how trusting, thankful people are much healthier, happier people to hang out with? It inspires me to be sure that my own thoughts are creating a healthy place for me to be....since I'm hanging out with my own thoughts.... all the time!
Hanging my Thoughts with Jesus...dmc

1 comment:

  1. My morning started, lets say, in a bad way. I didn't even think I was just reacting to things. My saving Grace? I was alone, with God. As each moment unfolded I thought "I'm ready for this horrible dream to end". My thoughts turned to the next 40 days, and Christ's suffering. I thought really? I can do this. Then I turned to scipture. No longer do I wish to lash out and complain and typically I don't worry. But, boy, my wheels were spinning!

    ReplyDelete