Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, February 26, 2016

Secret Things

"Secret things belong to the Lord, and future things are secret things." (59) Deut. 29:29
There have been many times I've had to stop mentally wrestling with something that was clearly "hidden" from me. To truly release a "hidden thing" is not an easy task. I usually have to intentionally hand it over to Him, or I will write it out and tuck it away in my God Box, the place where unanswered prayers and confusing issues go. Then, I may have to repeat that whole process, until my heart is no longer troubled.
No matter how uncertain things may seem, we are commanded to "not worry." "Worry is an act of rebellion; doubting (God's) promises to care for (us.)" (59) The real challenge is to develop more confidence in what God says over what all others are saying, even over my own flawed feelings and imperfect human reasoning that wrestles with wanting to know the unpredictable, faith-stretching future.
I have grandkids who just LOVE to sneak a peak...checking out surprises! I love the way Kelley put it...
I wonder how often God muses to Himself and shakes his holy head when He observes us toiling away with worry or snooping or getting into business that does not belong to us. All the while thinking, "Child, how much more enjoyable and peaceful your life would be to simply trust and wait for me to give this to you, and how GRAND you would feel when in My timing I reveal what I want you to know or have because this is the optimum time for you to receive it.

Oh, to take the Almighty's advice to relax, to take pleasure in the journey, trusting Him to open up the way before us as we go.
Ps. 32:10 says that "the one who trusts in the Lord will have faithful love surrounding him."
Placing my "flimsy future" into God's faithful love...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment