Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, February 12, 2016

When Brains Give God Glory

"I am ever so near you, hovering over your shoulder, reading every thought... your (thoughts) are precious to Me. I smile when you think lovingly of Me. My Spirit, who lives within you, helps you to think My thoughts. As your thinking goes, so goes your entire being... Let Me be your positive Focus." (45)
Today's devo, concerning the careful attention God gives to our thoughts, "reading every one" makes me reflect on current neuro-chemistry research about the brain.
Our brains are so complex, and yet we've learned, they can only hold one thought at a time at any given moment. A multi-focused, multi-tasking brain is really just a brain that jumps quickly from one thought to another.
This makes me want to be all the more sure that my thoughts turn quickly and often to God so that He holds a place of focused prominence in the landscape of my mind!
Thoughtfully His...dmc

2 comments:

  1. It is so hard to keep focus on Him especially if you have the propensity (spelling?) to look to other sources of help. I really need to meditate on this daily. This is an awesome devotional and every time I open it the page jumps out at me. God is truly using this work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Becky. Truly Awesome Devotional ~ I take away something everyday.
    My struggle to keep focus is always because I am busy with work and life in general. I Love that just saying His name brings me back to refocus that He Loves me and I am okay...

    ReplyDelete