Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Well Watered & On Fire

"Instead of resenting the limitations of a weakened body, search for My way in the midst of these very circumstances. Limitations can be liberating when your strongest desire is to live close to Me...quiet trust makes a powerful statement in spiritual realms."(49)
The following verse helps me sense the tenderness of God's heart toward us and how very vulnerable we are. "For He knows our frame, He [earnestly] remembers and imprints [on His heart] that we are dust." Psa 103:14
Remembering I am "dust" helps me to stay especially close to the spiritual wells and fires of my life. Spiritual wells water my dry dusty soul and spiritual fires warm my cold crusty heart. Thanks, Carolynn, for sharing the following "Silent Sermon" illustrating why we need the loving legacy of one another.
THE SILENT SERMON
A member of a certain church, who previously had been attending services regularly, stopped going. After a few weeks, the pastor decided to visit him.
It was a chilly evening. The pastor found the man at home alone, sitting before a blazing fire. Guessing the reason for his pastor's visit, the man welcomed him, led him to a comfortable chair near the fireplace and waited.
The pastor made himself at home but said nothing. In the grave silence, he contemplated the dance of the flames around the burning logs. After some minutes, the pastor took the fire tongs, carefully picked up a brightly burning ember and placed it to one side of the hearth all alone then he sat back in his chair, still silent.
The host watched all this in quiet contemplation. As the one lone ember's flame flickered and diminished, there was a momentary glow and then its fire was no more. Soon it was cold and dead.
Not a word had been spoken since the initial greeting. The pastor glanced at his watch and realized it was time to leave. He slowly stood up, picked up the cold, dead ember and placed it back in the middle of the fire. Immediately it began to glow, once more with the light and warmth of the burning coals around it.
As the pastor reached the door to leave, his host said, with a tear running down his cheek, "Thank you so much for your visit and especially for the fiery sermon. I will be back in church next Sunday."
I am so thankful for the Legacy of Spiritual Wells and Fires that help to “enhance my awareness of His presence” watering my soul and warming my heart! I want to be...
Well Watered & On Fire...dmc

3 comments:

  1. I love that story about the silent sermon! Not only does it show we need each other, but that sometimes what we don't say can be more powerful than words. I also loved what the bible commentary said for the scripture in 2 Corinthians. "God did not remove Paul's physical affliction, but He promised to demonstrate His power in Paul. The fact that God's power is displayed in weak people should give us courage.Though we recognize our limitations, we will not congratulate ourselves and rest at that. Instead, we must rely on God for our effectiveness.We must rely on God for our effectiveness rather than simply on our own energy, effort, or talent. Our weakness not only helps develop Christian character; it also deepens our worship, because in admitting our weakness, we affirm God's strength." (NLT commentary)


    2 Corinthians 12:9. Jesus said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

    I'm on fire in my weakness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, awesome reply! I was mostly bedridden with scoliosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and fibromyalgia, and you and Dawn encouraged me so! However, just last Thursday I felt wonderful, only had minor twinges of pain, and walked about 5x my usual ability!!! It's lasted one week now, after being in bed for 12 years!!! I had been seeking God more than usual, and fasting, but of course I didn't "do this," HE did! I'm healed!!!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the great quote & thoughts. You are aglow!

    ReplyDelete