Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, August 22, 2016

My God vs My Fears

"Fear is one of Satan's favorite weapons. When you start to feel afraid, affirm you trust in Me. Speak out...Resist the devil in My Name, and he will slink away from you. Refresh yourself in My holy Presence. Speak or sing praises to me." (245)
I find it nearly impossible to enjoy a blessed and abundant life when I am harassed with fear. I've observed and experienced how being fearful can certainly mess with sound judgment! Fear steals away self-confidence, God-confidence and fundamental confidence!  It sabotages a heart and strips away the empowering perspective of praise. No wonder Satan will often attack with annoying, even paralyzing fear.
It is good for me to be reminded often that "God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love and sound judgment." (2 Timothy 1:7) I am so grateful that...
My God is Greater Than My Fears...dmc

1 comment:

  1. at the beginning of renewing my faith and since, Proverbs 3:5 has been my mantra...earlier this year, I discovered todays verse, and it occurred to me that it's , for me at least , a beautiful progression of growth. God Bless, have a wonderful summer day!..

    ReplyDelete