Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Resonating with the Creator

"Watch your words diligently. Words have such great power to bless or to wound. When you speak carelessly or negatively, you damage others as well as yourself. This ability to verbalize is an awesome privilege, granted only to those I created in My image." (226)
Although I do not totally understand this, I know that all sound operates on frequencies, invisible to the eye, yet can often be captured by the ear! As one of God's image-bearers, when my words are in agreement with Him, as an extension of His heart, something resonates deep within my soul. It's like every cell of my body is grateful when my words glorify God or when they bless others because it speak sparks of life deep within myself, too!
The voice I am most familiar with is my own. I must monitor it responsibly, making sure that my words are in concert with God's heart. When I voice words that are dissonant, or out-of-tune with my Creator, it scrambles the harmonies within me. I grow uneasy within myself and can sense I need to stop and "tune my heart to sing Thy grace." (Hymn: Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing)
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14.
Longing to be synchronized & harmonized with His heart today...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment