Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Refocused in Jesus

"Spend time with Me for the pure pleasure of being in My company. I can brighten up the dullest of gray days..A mind that is unfocused is vulnerable to "the world, the flesh, and the devil," all of which exert a downward pull on your thoughts. As your thinking processes deteriorate, you become increasingly confused and directionless. The remedy is to refocus your mind and heart on Me, your constant Companion... you go step by step with Me." (250)
When I am focused on the presence of Jesus, I am able to move through my day with a greater sense of His companionship. That makes all the difference!
It reminds me of a synchronized dance between two partners who ebb and flow with rhythmic ease. It's like dancing with Jesus to the rhythms of heaven, delighting the Father, delighting the Son, delighting the soul!
When I get distracted, spiritually out-of-step or I'm tempted to temporarily dance with the devil... Yikes, everything falls out-of-synch and I feel totally worn, torn and abused.
So, today, I'll be...
Dancing with Jesus...dmc
PS - Joe's mom, Mabel Colaw, went to be with Jesus today in 2010. Happy Heavenly Birthday, Mom! Dance on with Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. I love the analogy of synchronized dancing with Jesus...when I go throughout my day and sense my thoughts or overall well being are out-of-sync and spiraling downward, I usually stop and ask myself, "what is going on with me?" Now I will ask myself, "am I out of step (or not dancing at all) with Jesus? I can recall days when I have been exhausted at nighttime, but still felt really great...I must have danced all day :-) and other days when I did very little and felt worn, torn and abused. Need to keep my dancing boots on :-)

    ReplyDelete