Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, August 19, 2016

Refocused & Refreshed

"As you increasingly find fulfillment in Me, other pleasures become less important. Knowing Me intimately is like having a private wellspring of Joy within you...If you feel any deficiency, you need to refocus your attention on Me. This is how you trust Me in the moments of your life." (242)
The secret to trust is really the ability to stay focused on Him more than on the issues that distract and distress! I am learning that as I keep my focus on Christ, the "wellspring of Joy within" me tends to bubble up and flow over into every area of my life. I am refreshed!
When my thoughts wander down troublesome trails I am reminded of Psalm 131, "I do not get involved with things too great or too difficult for me. Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself like a little weaned child with its mother; I am like a little child...putting my hope in the Lord, both now and forever." I like the CEV translation: "...I have learned to feel safe and satisfied, just like a young child on its mother's lap." Psalm 131:2
It's all about setting up the mental boundaries that keep me from wandering into "things too great or too difficult for me" and just letting God deal with those things, as I snuggle in close and quiet myself...
In His Lap...dmc

2 comments:

  1. What a great devotional today! As usual it comes at a time that I need it the most. Some issues have distracted me from some important things and especially taking my focus off of Jesus. This is very encouraging for me and Dawn Marie talking about snuggling on His lap makes me think of when I was in play therapy. They had us literally curl up like a small child and the therapist would hold (as best as he could) and comfort us in our time of distress. Jesus can do the same thing only better! He can give us the peace we need to calm our hearts and minds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comments...thanks for sharing your insights! Years ago I was trained to be a play therapist while in Grad School. There are many powerful parallels with that and our relationship with God. God is awesome!

    ReplyDelete