Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, August 12, 2016

Stirring Up Compassion

"Come to Me when you are weak and weary...your weakness....draws Me closer to you, because weakness stirs up My compassion...allow Me to bless you richly..." (235)
I often long to be better equipped, or to do much more than I am able to accomplish...wishing I had more strength or energy, wisdom, creativity, talent and other resources. Today's passage encourages me..."He will not break a bruised reed, and He will not put out a smoldering wick..." (Isaiah 42:3)
So when I am feeling bruised or my flame is dim and smoldering, He draws in closer. He does not deal harshly with those who feel inadequate, sincerely seeking after Him. What a wonderful comfort! What a safe place to land when I need a haven!
May I be so stirred with compassion for the other bruised hearts around me. Those "whose hearts are (also) set on (a spiritual) pilgrimage." (Psalm 84:5) He really knows "how difficult (our) journey has been."
Alittle Bruised, Alot Blessed...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment