Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Face to Face

Have you ever searched the crowd, looking for that one familiar face? It may be your husband's, child's or a dear friend's face...but the search continues until you have located that special face. I've been in a crowded, tense hospital room, searching for Joe's face, trying to catch his eye to "read" his response.
Or, when my eyes land on my grandchildren's faces, it's like a cheerleader bursts into action inside my heart. What a joy to catch their eye!
We usually know the subtle changes in our mate's face, or child's facial expressions that can communicate volumes without a word ever being spoken.
When we seek God's face, we are searching for subtle prompts that will help us to accurately "read" the situation from His perspective. To be "up close and personal" with Him is to be "face to face" with our Creator! What an incredible privilege to sense God inviting us to "Seek My face!" (Ps. 27:8)
It's been said that "The highest desire of the human heart is to seek His face." I believe it's true throughout life and even in the throes of death!
Ever Seeking His Face...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment