Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Master Mind Reader

"Worries, if indulged, develop into idols. Anxiety gains a life of its own, parasitically infesting your mind." (31) What a sobering, morbid picture! No wonder we need to guard our thoughts. (Is. 26:3, Phil. 4:7) This requires "meta-cognition," the ability to think about what we are thinking about.
Even if we think we are blind to the habitual thought patterns of our own mind, God is not. I love David's prayer, "Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive, hurtful way in me; lead me in the everlasting way." (Ps. 139:23-24)
I am so grateful that God can read my mind and heal my heart! Each time I switch my thoughts into "the everlasting way," there is great rejoicing.
Thoughtfully Trusting...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment