Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Miracles in the Mundane

Today's devo mentioned how miracles are woven into "the most mundane day." The other day I was suddenly in the middle of a miracle! After leading a Growth Group at the bank, I was walking to my car, when an out-of-control car came roaring up over the curb, on to the sidewalk and crashed head on into the side of the bank, missing me by just a second or two. I was stunned! The dazed older gentleman in the car sustained little injury, while his brand new shiny red car was totaled.
My daughter-in-law reminded me how our "steps are ordered by the Lord." If I had been just a step or two slower, I would have been "totaled!" I understand the older gentleman was able to attend his bible study the next morning! Praise God for split-second protection - even when we're not always aware! Praise God for His peace that "surpasses every thought" guarding, not only our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus, but our very lives! (Phil. 4:7 HCSB)
Gratefully not totaled, but totally His...dmc

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Praise God for the protection He provided for you! You would have been missed had you been "totaled"!

    ReplyDelete