Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, March 28, 2016

Living Close to a Giving God

What a powerful thought...God is SO giving, but we must be receptive and attentive in order to fully enjoy His "inherent" generosity! (91)
What an impacting Truth!
In my own life, when I am wrestling with any sense of detachment or discouragement, I try to honestly search my own heart...acknowledging any lack of open receptivity or confessing any tendency to be distracted. I try to quickly respond in order to readjust my own thoughts.
Generally, it involves three steps I must take:
1. Respond 2. Repent 3. Readjust
The outcome is a rewarding, overwhelming inner peace that powerfully protects my heart and mind! Phil. 4:7- "And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Grateful for His Giving Living Presence ...dmc

2 comments:

  1. My mom just gave me this book couple days ago and I've come across to your site recently and enjoyed it very much. Just wanted to let you know that you have a fan here. ;) Sometimes when I read one page... I try to relate to it and sometimes I couldn't.. but throughout the day, when I actually think about it, I found a way to relate to it. But. to this posting's date, I can't relate to it but reading your feelings and thoughts towards it really does make me think more. THANKS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post! will follow your site to read your sharing. Please continue on !

    Fellow sister in christ from tiny Singapore

    ReplyDelete