Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Re-Presenting Christ

Have you ever pondered and prayed over just how you would bring Christ's presence and perspective into a certain situation?
A simple, yet profound Truth encourages me from Colossians 1:27, "God wanted to make known to those among the Gentiles the glorious wealth of this mystery, which is
Christ in you, the hope of glory." As we allow Christ to live IN us, we can be confident that He will BE PRESENT in every and any situation we are involved in! Just think of that!!
Our devo today said, "I fill you with My very Life. This is how I choose to live in the world and accomplish My purposes." (65) To think that Christ re-presents Himself, to the world through us, is quite staggering! We are to re-present "the hope of glory" to a hopeless, not-so-glorious world. We are called to be more than just a representation of Christ; we are called to re-present Him! That means we intentionally give expression to, who and what HE is! Why? Because hope... Glorious Hope...is produced when we display the nature and character of God.
May we be so tuned-in and fully alive in Him that our encounters are opportunities to...
Re-Present Christ, over & over, again...dmc
Happy Birthday to our grand-daughter, Trinity Dawn! A delightful God-sent little Lady Bug in our lives!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting these devotions. I am following along and reading Jesus Calling. What a beautiful gift from God. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Living in the kingdom is like an adventure. I never know how and when God is going to work in my life, but God always seems to do something at the right time, in the right way." from The Good and Beautiful Life, by James Smith. As you said today, "We can be confident that He Will be present in every and any situation we are involved in!" Yes, lets stay tuned in and fully alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there things in my thoughts or life that make me anxious? Absolutely! Yesterday’s devotional said “,,,come to me and talk about it. …saying: ’thank you, Jesus, for this opportunity to trust you more’.” Then today one of the scriptures is: "If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest. Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me...This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-29 CEV) “Come to me”, “talk to me”, “come to me”, “take the yoke”, “put it on” and “learn from me”. What a challenge! Jesus, did you say the yoke is EASY and the burden is LIGHT? Thank you, Jesus, for reminding me that I am so blessed. Please give me the wisdom you promise to those who ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the great quote, Joyce! We are truly on a Kingdom Adventure!
    So glad you decided to join us, Dana! Many "Jesus Calling" blessings to you! We love Sarah's book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your insights, Amelia! Taking it EASY & LIGHT...what a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete