Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, September 29, 2016

A Well Trained Brain

"The human mind is the pinnacle of My creation, but so few use it for its primary purpose - knowing Me. I communicate continually through My Spirit, My Word, and My creation. Only humans are capable of receiving Me and responding to My Presence." (284)
With all the thoughts that wander and whirl through our brains, it is good to know that we don't need to "know it all" we just need to "know Him!" Every time we use our minds to ponder on the things of God, to practically apply His Truth, to envision how we can advance His Kingdom and how we can touch others, bringing glory to His Name...we are using our minds as they were intended to be used! It's about knowing Him - really knowing Him - intimately knowing Him!
It is good for me to reassess my thought-life often...to be aware of the new Truths I have learned and to be prayerfully putting those Truths into action. My mind can get side-tracked with issues and concerns that leave me feeling depleted and spiritually anemic. However, once I 'soft-boot' my brain back onto Him, I can start to experience the benefits of being in His Presence. It may be a life-long task for me to train and retrain my brain to be focused on it's primary purpose...knowing Him!
Romans 12:2 hits on our primary focus...to be "transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you be able to discern God's good, pleasing and perfect will." (Romans 12:2)
It's all about knowing Him and knowing His "good, pleasing and perfect will" for our lives.
Training my Brain to Focus on Him...dmc

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, I found your blog when I realized I forgot to bring my Jesus Calling devotional to work with me, and hoped to be able to find the day's entry online. Instead, I was so blessed to find your thoughts and scriptures on each day's devotion. Today's really, really helped me, as I have been struggling with doubt of God's purpose for my life. Thank you, thank you so very much.
    Meagan Taylor

    ReplyDelete