Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, September 26, 2016

Use Your Third Ear

"Come to Me and listen! Attune yourself to My voice, and receive My richest blessings." (281)
Years ago when I was in graduate school, training to become a counselor, the Lord revealed a most powerful insight to me. He clearly told me, "Use your third ear...the one in the center of your heart!" Which suddenly made sense to me...H"EAR"T !!
Whenever I am in a counseling session, it is critical to listen carefully to the client, but at the same time I can listen with my third ear to hear what God is saying. It's like having another counselor in the room...His Holy Spirit...giving insight beyond the obvious, beyond training, beyond human wisdom.
Revelation 2 & 3 often repeats the challenge that "anyone who has an ear should listen to what the Spirit says." Our devotional today talks about "the wonder of communing with the Creator of the universe!"
I marvel at the ways His Spirit leads in awesome, freeing Truth!
Keeping my Third Ear Tuned-in...dmc

4 comments:

  1. Hood morning Marie :) Each morning, during my hour drive to work, my time is spent in intamate conversation with Abba Father. Upon parking at my office I ask The Father to "Glorify Your Son in and through me!" One day Abba responded "Keep our conversation going continually, in the midst of all other conversations." At first this was difficult, so many distractions. After several months of prrsistance it is becoming my default means of overall communication - me comunicating with Abba while simultaneously coversing with others. Decision making is full of amazing wisdom - not mine but God's. The results are the manifestation of "Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be doth..: the. I am in awe of how close God is, to involve Himself in my everday dealinhs, as I yeild my Will, life, pride to Him - trusting Him and His instructions each day. Lastly: I am truly learning what the scripture means "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. Isa 55:8. Ot is SO much better to live guided by His thoughts. Have a Christ minded day :) Pastor Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typo - shoulb be "Good" not "Hood" - Smartphone typing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete