Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Dealing with Doubt

"Receive My love in full measure...the art of receiving...is a discipline: training your mind to trust Me. One of (Satan's) favorite deceptions is to undermine your confidence in My unconditional love. Fight back against these lies! Do not let them go unchallenged. Resist the devil in My Name, and he will slink away from you." James 4:7-8 (283)
Perhaps one of the most haunting battles many Christians face is the tendency to doubt God's goodness in our personal, everyday lives. I've found that to be a frequent challenge in my own life.
Recently I was reading about the effects of doubt on our brains. How doubtful thoughts tend to paralyze our brains, getting them "stuck" on thought patterns that are nonproductive and toxic.
One of my helpful transitions out of spiraling downward into the trap of doubt is to ask myself, "what can I do differently?" rather than asking "what's wrong with me?"
Behind every doubt the enemy throws at me is usually some temptation to look at "what's wrong?" ...with me, with others, with God, etc. However, when I look at what I can do differently I move my thoughts forward into constructive thinking, rather than downward into defeating thoughts patterns.
One of the "do differently" things for me is to immediately pray, then praise Him for all His Goodness and for being better at warfare than the devil! When the battle lines are drawn, I am placing myself firmly on God's side, ready to receive a firm VICTORY!
Fully Trusting in God's Love...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment