Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, September 30, 2016

Forever-Promised, Forever-Present

"I am perpetually with you, taking care of you. That is the most important fact of your existence... My presence with you is a forever-promise. You need not fear the future, for I am already there." (285)
When my husband, Joe, was asked to be involved in a VOM (Voice of the Martyrs) Colombian Pastors Conference, we had very limited communication once he arrived in Colombia. But, you can be certain, we used each brief, fragile connection as an opportunity to communicate our love for each other and to restate our commitment to pray for one another. Although he was gone, he was still very present with me. My heart was continually aware of the "forever-promise" we had made to each other.
That reminds me of the "forever-promise" Jesus made in Matthew 28:20, "And remember, I am with you always, day by day, until the Close of the Age." (Weymouth New Testament) Jesus made a "forever-promise" with us. Even though He is gone, He is very present "to the very end of the age!"
So, how was Joe very present with me although he was very far away? How is Jesus very present with me although He's been a very long time gone? Each are "forever-present" as I stay aware and available. Just as I stayed aware and available for Joe's attempts to make contact, in a similar way I can stay aware and available to enjoy my "forever-promised" relationship with Jesus, too.
Aware & Available...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment