Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

No Back Talk

"Give your mind a break from its habitual judging...Rather than evaluating My ways with you, accept them thankfully." (268)
Have you ever talked back to God? I have! Especially when it comes to some inherited physical challenges related to back pain. I have questioned the way He fashioned my body, with these various built in flaws that I must continually deal with.
Romans 9:20-23 tells me "who are you-anyone who talks back to God? Will what is formed say to the one who formed it, "Why did you make me like this?" or has the potter no right over His clay? What if God did this to make known the riches of His glory on objects of mercy that He prepared beforehand for glory-on us whom He also called..."
I am captured by the thought that my physical weaknesses could be used "to make known the riches of His glory" as I seek to glorify Him, no matter what! With or without the miraculous healing I deeply desire!
I know people who carry much weightier physical challenges than I do and others who must carry heavy emotional or relational challenges. They certainly help to inspire me... to hold on until my miracle comes, until Jesus comes or until I come...home to heaven!
I really like how my friend, Melissa reflected on this, "One day I thought, why am I complaining (even) about the weather? I can't change it... No matter what circumstances are thrown my way, I must focus on God and know that He KNOWS what He is doing! I must let God, be God! (Yes there is a song...here are the lyrics!)
http://www.songlyrics.com/phillips-craig-dean/let-god-be-god-lyrics/
"Rather than evaluating (His) ways" we must "accept them thankfully...(and) worship (Him)as King of Kings." It's good for me to remember who God is and that I was created first and foremost to know Him and to glorify Him!
Holding my tongue & His Hand...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment