Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, September 19, 2016

Aware and Worry Free

"There is a mighty battle going on for control of your mind...Refuse to worry, because this...will weigh you down and block awareness of My Presence. Stay alert! (274)
What a challenge, especially for those of us who like to plan ahead and keep life organized...Don't Worry! Sometimes we think that worry is a sign of being really aware, responsible and on-top-of-it. Actually worry is a sign of unbelief and being painfully addicted to it. It, of course, is the issue that has captured our attention along with our sense of peace and well-being.
I like 2 Cor. 10:5 where it instructs us to "take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ." Worry is a well worn path in our minds that forces us to wander down stressful, mental roads of trying to save some situation or prevent some catastrophe. We were not created or equipped to house worrisome thoughts, therefore we have a Savior who knows how to save us and how to make every thought "obedient to Christ."
Worrisome thoughts crowd out a sense of His Presence and make us more aware of "the anxious thoughts that find me, surround me, and bind me." (quote from Jesus, King of Angels)
Many nights I sing and play the following song on the piano before heading to bed...a most healing, comforting song.
Continually Getting Rid of Worry...dmc

Copy & Paste: Jesus, King of Angels by Fernando Ortega
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wOhVh2bct8&feature=related

Jesus, King of angels, Heaven's Light,
Shine Your face upon this house tonight.
Let no evil come into my dreams;
Light of heaven, keep me in Your peace.

Remind me how You made dark spirits flee,
And spoke Your power to the raging sea.
And spoke Your mercy to a sinful man;
Remind me, Jesus, this is what I am.

CHORUS:
The universe is vast beyond the stars,
But You are mindful when the sparrow falls,
And mindful of the anxious thoughts that find me,
surround me, and bind me . . . .

With all my heart I love You, Sovereign Lord.
Tomorrow, let me love You even more.
And rise to speak the goodness of Your name,
Until I close my eyes and sleep again.

CHORUS
Jesus, King of angels, Heaven's Light,
Hold my hand and keep me through the night.

5 comments:

  1. I will do what I can to carry my load in life. I struggle with " letting go". It is wonderful comfort knowing Christ asks us to give Him our burdens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May Our Lord Jesus Holy Presence be in us FOREVER!
    Blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you JESUS. May you continue to incourage me more and more everyday of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete