Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Songs of the Redeemed

"Trust Me and refuse to worry, for I am your Strength and Song... Since I am your Strength, I can empower you to handle each task as it comes. Because I am your Song, I can give you Joy as you work alongside Me...Keep bringing your mind back to the present moment...(where) the hope of heaven fills your thoughts (and) the Light of My Presence envelops you." Exodus 15:2, Revelation 15:3 (277)
After Moses had led the Israelite people through an impossibility (crossing the Red Sea, escaping Pharaoh's fierce Egyptian army) he spontaneously responded with a song of celebratory praise to God, often referred to as "The Song of Moses." (Ex.15:1-2)
I find it interesting to note that there will come a day when we will all sing "The Song of Moses." Revelation 15 calls it "The Song of the Lamb" sung by the redeemed. Rather than at the edge of the Red Sea filled with chariots, it will be sung on the banks of the heavenly sea of glass and fire. (Rev. 15:2-4)
We live in a time of turbulent seas and believing God to work out the impossibilities in our own lives can seem like such a challenge. Especially since we can "anticipate future events" and we can be tempted to "worry about tomorrow (and) cloak (our)selves in dark unbelief" which often leads to fear and depression. Yet God sees how these challenging times can be opportunities to experience and celebrate His saving power on our behalf! The secret to being an overcomer means...
We must keep singing the songs of The Lamb who has overcome the cross and the grave and enables us to "overcome by the blood of the Lamb," even in the midst of our own turbulent seas. (Rev. 12:11)
Incidentally, I've discovered that singing the songs of the redeemed often gives me the strength to endure UNTIL I am able to overcome!
Singing my way to Overcoming...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment