Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Refocusing Really Works!

"Try to see things more and more from My perspective...view the world through Me.... make a life-changing discovery...that most of the things that worry you are not important...return your focus to Me, you will walk through your days with lighter steps and a joyful heart." (275)
I like this quote from Albert Einstein. "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
The problems we wrestle with that are often a result of unredeemed thinking and flawed reasoning will usually unravel when exposed to biblical truth.
I love the brain science that reveals how different areas of the brain are activated when we are involved in certain thought processes. Worry, prayer, reading the bible or participating in worship will light up various areas of the brain. This means that when we refocus our worrisome thoughts on Jesus we actually activate different regions of the brain. No wonder we can "walk through our days with lighter steps and a joyful heart."
Refocusing my Perspective...dmc

3 comments:

  1. I love that quote by Albert Einstein! I am one that can make a mountain out of a mole hill when things become difficult. If I just keep my nose to the grind stone and focus on God, I can come out of those trying times with a sense of accomplishment and joy! I come one step closer to finding contentment in any and every situation. (Philippians 4:12)

    What a mighty God we serve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, each daily meditation seems to be written just for me!!!!! I can really identify.... I too make mountains out of molehill!!! This meditation helps me to remember to keep my mind focused on the Lord!

    ReplyDelete