Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Test of Absolute Trust

"Accept each day...not only the circumstances...but also the condition of your body. Your assignment is to trust me absolutely...(even when) the demands on you seem far greater than your strength. Days like that present a choice between two alternatives - giving up or relying on Me...I will infuse My strength into you moment by moment." (263)
When the demands of my day are beyond my strength or ability, having absolute trust can become an absolute test! Similar to a multiple choice test with two alternatives. "Moment by moment" I must choose which way I will fall. I will:
A. Regress (fall backward)
B. Rely (fall forward)
I have discovered that even when I choose to rely (fall forward) on God, the circumstances of my day or the condition of my body may not change. So, what initiated my dilemma may still be in place. However, the big change happens in the atmosphere of my mind! My thoughts are altered, my perspective is broadened and I realize...it's NOT all about ME! He is working on something far grander than me and I am just a small part of a much bigger picture. So, He gives me just enough strength, enough wisdom, enough of His Presence to equip and empower me for each moment. I find it easier to trust Him with my impossible days when I do it a moment at a time!
For me, the biggest challenge is making that initial choice, in that impossible moment, to trust Him, absolutely! Then, moment by moment, day by day, week by week, year by year a whole lifetime is lived....
Falling Forward into His Sovereignty and Faithfulness...dmc

2 comments:

  1. The picture of falling (which is inevitable) but then choosing whether it is forward - relying - or backward - regressing - really resonated with me! Thank you for your daily posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I would have read this at the beginning of my day instead of the end! OUCH!! So typical of JESUS and the HOLY SPIRIT...showing me what I need to see, right when I need to see it! Thank you dmc for your dedication to this blog. I just found it yesterday, however, when you pray for something then you find it, you know it will be a life or walk changer!

    ReplyDelete