Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Where I Belong

"No matter where you are in the world, you know you belong when you sense My nearness. I designed you for close communication with your Creator. When you commune with Me in the garden of your heart, both you and I are blessed. Together we will push back the darkness..." (259)
Basic to our human nature is the need to belong. Some settings foster a sense of belonging while other situations cause one to feel uneasy, out-of-place and awkward. The one place I want to "belong," and I want my kids and grand kids to be feel like they belong, is in the Presence of God!
I am grateful for an upbringing that allowed me to experience the Presence of God and drew me close to Him. My parents, home church, circle of friends and various spiritual mentors welcomed me into a vital relationship with God by inviting me to join them in their spiritual journey. With one arm they embraced Him and with the other arm they embraced me...and "together we push(ed) back the darkness!"
We need to embrace others and let them discover they can belong to the Light ...not to darkness!
I Belong to Jesus...dmc

4 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I needed to read today. I went to work without reading my devotional as I was running late. I was feeling awkward, out of place and alone. I just needed to remember that God is with me always and I am where he wants me to be at this moment. Thank you God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! What a joy to be in the company of such Royalty and that He desires to be in our company!! where you belong!!

    ReplyDelete