Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, September 16, 2016

One Step Closer

"I designed you to live in union with Me...it actually makes you more fully yourself. When you try to live independently of Me, you experience emptiness and dissatisfaction... Find fulfillment through living close to Me, yielding to My purposes for you." (271)
Living independently, detached or even distant from God is a very desperate place to be. Conversely, I am quite amazed at how powerful God's Presence can be when I intentionally turn towards Him. James 4:8 says that whenever we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us!
Some situations can leave me feeling distant from His calming Presence and simply stopping to acknowledge Him can have a profound effect on me or even on whatever is happening around me. It's like walls of resistance begin to crumble... like levels of darkness start melting away... and a glorious reconnection happens. Whatever was standing in the way, blocking His Presence, is now powerless and the Presence of Jesus can completely envelop me!
2 Corinthians 3:16-18 tells us that whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil (of a deceived, self-centered or confused mind) is removed and the Spirit of God brings freedom that transforms us into the image of Christ "from glory to glory." It's like taking the next step into His Image, one step at a time, being "transformed more and more into the one (He's) designed us to be!" (271)
Moving from one level of glory to the next...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment