Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Next STEP Energy

"Pour all of your energy into trusting Me. It is through trust that you stay connected to Me, aware of My Presence. Each step...can be a step of faith." (280)
Through the years I've become aware of how various life dynamics can tend to drain off my energy while others tend to give me energy. Learning how to wisely monitor that phenomena and trying to better pace myself has been very helpful. However, I have discovered that spending quality time in God's Word really helps me navigate my day, refocus and pace my overall energy much better. There's a little acrostic I've crafted to help remind me how to specifically tackle the demands of each day...STEP Energy!
My ability to cope well and function effectively has a lot to do with the amount of STEP Energy I have. STEP refers to four kinds of energy that impact my overall energy levels: Spiritual, Thankful, Emotional & Physical energies. All are needed to cope with the stresses of my daily life. Spiritual energy gives me a God-aware perspective. Thankful energy gives me a grateful perspective. Emotional energy helps me constructively engage with others and Physical energy helps fuel my body for health and service. These can vary from day to day but can keep me from getting out-of-step, out-of-sorts and out-of-sync!
Fueling my STEP Tank...dmc

1 comment: