Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Sufficiently Covered

"Relax...your weakness is an opportunity to grow strong in awareness of My Almighty Presence. When your energy fails you, do not look inward and lament the lack you find there. Look to Me and My sufficiency; rejoice in My radiant riches that are abundantly available to help you...Thank Me for your neediness, which is building trust-bonds between us." (282)
In a world that values being self-sufficient it's hard to be OK with neediness. I know what it's like to "lament" over my lack of energy, creativity, resources, confidence or a myriad of other things. I've often told Joe that I think ministry could be better accomplished with angels in leadership rather than humans... there's just so much to be done and so little time, energy and various other resources. That's when I tend to feel overly taxed, rather than relaxed!
What a welcome word..."RELAX" even when there's so much to be done! After all, Deuteronomy 33:26 tells us that God rides the clouds of heaven to come to our aid!
So, when I'm feeling inefficient...
He is absolutely Sufficient...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment