Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Delightfully Dependent

"Do everything in dependence on Me. The desire to act independently - apart from Me- springs from the root of pride... My deepest desire for you is that you learn to depend on Me in every situation...(enjoying) My Presence and My Peace." (261)
Years ago I had an older christian tell me that to pray over something one time was sufficient and that there was no need to repeat that prayer. Well, I found that very hard to do. Probably because of my own flawed nature, I needed to present concerns to God whenever they were messing with me, not just initially, but continually.
Today's devotional encourages someone, like me, who needs a 'User-friendly' Savior who can be accessed often and easily.
Relying on Jesus Continually...dmc

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for providing this daily commentary - I always stop by here on the days I'm at work instead of at home during my devotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a blessing! but it is sad that there is no comments. It would be nice if some can share.
    This has been a blessing to me, this devotional makes me see where i am, and where I should be. BLESSINGS TO EVERYONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayer is not only our presenting requests to God; it is God’s presenting His will to our hearts. Keep on asking, keep on knocking, and keep on seeking until God grants your request or convinces you that your request is not His will for you.

    ReplyDelete